29 December 2014

Christmas Gifts - Cabled Crochet Hat

Hello everyone! Did you have a good Christmas? Mine was a bit of a first in various aspects but all in all very enjoyable.

So, after crocheting and crafting like crazy to finish the gifts in time, I thought I'd give you a little taste of what I made. Last week, I showed you a little granny square bag that was part of the lot, so this week, it's on to a cabled hat I made following this free Ravelry pattern by Nancy Smith.


It was fairly easy to make, and worked up relatively quickly in Rowan Cocoon and a 6mm crochet hook. The cabled pattern gives this hat a firm and thick texture that is perfect for very cold days.


I chose to work the cables in a straight pattern fashion, but the pattern allows you to work them in spiral if you prefer. (A big thank you to Mr Little Crochet for agreeing to model the hat... No mean feat, I tell ya!)


Finally, the "wrong" side of the hat can be worn outside for a different textured look, as long as you weave in your ends neatly - which I confess I didn't do...


So, the perfect Christmas gift, and easily customisable according to taste and/or gender. One to make again, for sure!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment