17 December 2014

Cabled Wristwarmers

Hello! In these days of cold weather, I find myself naturally drawn to thicker wool and warmer patterns, and I have to say that when I saw Stephanie's take of this stunning Ravelry pattern by Julee Reeves, I knew I had to have a go at making my own.

Using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, an amazingly soft and snuggly yarn, I whipped up those, adding a contrasting yarn and decorative flower in one of my beloved Lang Mille Colori yarns.




So these went to a friend for her birthday, but the thing is... I loved working with that pattern so much that I immediately had to start on another pair, this time fully in another Lang Mille Colori yarn, and here's the result:


Aaah, those colours! Spicy, heart-warming, the perfect antidote to a cold, grey winter day!




And my obsession didn't quite stop there... So be warned, there is more to come!

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful wrist warmers, and gorgeous photos too!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice mittens, love the colours ♥

    ReplyDelete